In 2010, as educational professionals, we were looking for answers on how we could help students who needed that extra bit of help to enable them to reach their potential within a class, school, college or university environment. In that moment, the foundations of a tutorial service were laid. Since the inception, the journey has been a progressive one as our tutorial service has built a commendable reputation in and around Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire, yet we haven’t limited ourselves to that. We have also developed our services over the internet as we not only get students from the local counties but also from overseas countries such as the USA, Africa, Europe, South East Asia, China and Australia. We have learnt that our students come from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of needs, so there’s no such thing as a typical student that we work with – all of our students are unique. Whether GCSE, A level, university, a mature student, school-going, home educated or someone with medical difficulties it matters not – we have worked with all! We have put some case studies together to help you make up your mind and so you can see how you can best help yourself from our own experiences, as well as see the different categories you may fit in to. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to ask us.
Few of our resources
- In 2010, our tutorial service was launched.
- In 2012, we moved into a purpose-built tutorial studio that is equipped with state of the art facilities i.e. colour laser printer (duplex), optical internet connection, whiteboard, projector, computer facilities, reference books, WIFI and other resources.
- In 2013, we launched our Easter break revision courses for GCSE and A level students (both in economics) held at the University of Northampton, which we have now extended into May term break. Students have found short, sharp and crisp revision sessions with a proper structure extremely helpful, away from the common household distractions like the TV, video games, and social media.
- In 2014, we set up our own YouTube channel – JJ Answer Academy. Since then we have uploaded in excess of 250 videos, gaining tens of thousands of hits, and we are in the process of uploading even more content.
- In addition to that, we have also written maths and economics workbooks for GCSE and A level students. These workbooks provide a structured learning and have proven to be very popular, and from January 2018 a new range of A-level economics workbooks will be made available on Amazon.
Our future strategy is to develop our capacity by associating with likeminded educational professionals and to offer distance learning courses to students with a blend of online classes and further on to move into a proper dedicated building.